Catering Terms and Conditions
Hey good people.
Thanks for looking into our catering options and now reading the fine print.
We are First Nations cooks and bakers. We love working with First Nations Farmers and Foodmakers to bring you tasty, healthy, and meaningful native foods. Foods we know are benefiting Country, Culture, and Community.
Please have a read of our catering polices, terms, and conditions. Feel free to give us a buzz if you have any questions. We like to talk things through and make sure we are getting things right.
About your order:
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are excluding Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- We have a minimum spend of $300 + GST.
- There is a minimum order of 10 units per item - for example: 10 x Kangaroo Pies.
- Bookings must be confirmed a minimum of 7 business days before the event – this includes final payment, final guest numbers, quantities, and scope.
- Once an event is confirmed a quote will be issued.
- In the event that bookings are confirmed closer to the scheduled event date, changes to the menu may need to be made as it can be difficult to source the necessary ingredients.
- Once the event has been confirmed, minor changes to the number of guests and dietary requirements can be made. These changes will be charged on your final invoice.
- We cannot make any changes 48 hours prior to the event.
- Orders received within 72 hours will be charged a late booking fee of $100.
- Platters and equipment loaned as part of the service will be collected the next business day. Please ensure these are washed.
- In the event that your function requires a chef or serving staff, rates will be set out in the quote. If these hours change on the day – with staff required to work more / less hours – the final invoice will be adjusted accordingly.
- An invoice for the event will be issued when the event is confirmed.
- Invoices must be paid by the event date unless confirmed otherwise.
- Payment can be made by electronic bank transfer or via credit card.
- Credit card payments will be charged a merchant fee.
- We require a 50% upfront deposit.
- All cancellations are required in writing.
- Events cancelled within 7 business days, for any reason, will be liable for the full invoice amount.
- The supply chain for native ingredients can be unreliable. As such, we may not be able to source the specific ingredient for a quoted menu item. In the event that one of our suppliers cannot provide the ingredient, we will notify you no less than three days prior to the event to confirm a substitute.
- We cannot guarantee that any produce on our menu is totally free from nuts, nut derivatives or other ingredients to which guests may have a serious allergic reaction as we cannot operate in a nut free environment. We would therefore advise guests with a severe allergy to nuts or other ingredients to talk to us directly to arrange an alternative to the chosen meal.
- All of our packaging is 100% biodegradable, recyclable, or reusable.
- We service in and around Gadigal (Central Sydney), Dharug (Western Sydney), Darkinjung (Central Coast), Gundungura (Southern Highlands), and Dharawal (Coastal Sydney and South Coast) Country.
- Delivery to Sydney CBD is charged at $50.
- Delivery to suburbs surrounding Sydney CBD are charged at $55.
- Delivery beyond these distances are charged at a rate of $5 per 5km from Sydney CBD.
- The client shall be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the client or by any person, firm or corporation supplying any client. The client shall be responsible for the cost of making good any damage or loss caused to any venue booked on behalf of the client and essential catering & events buildings, furniture, fittings and equipment arising out of and in the course of the client’s events.
- The client uses and occupies any venue booked at their own risk. The client hereby indemnifies Native Foodways and agrees to keep Native Foodways indemnified against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims and demands, costs and expenses whatsoever which may be taken or made against Native Foodways and/or incurred arising out of injury or damage to any person or property from or during the use of any venue.
Please get in touch via the chat button or via email if you have any questions.